ESTEC Trip (24-27th March 07)
On a journey to get spaced...
The Maxwell Society is organising a trip to the European Space Agency's ESTEC technology centre in Amsterdam. The ESTEC visit will be on the 26th of March '07. We intend to set off from the UK a few days beforehand, probably on the first monday of the Easter holidays.
Rough Trip Plan
- Depart from KCL at 7:30AM on 24th March. If you're not there, we won't wait!
- Take train from Blackfriars (not included) or meet at Luton. If you are meeting us at Luton: Be there no later than 8:30AM, and please send me an email in advance to let me know your plans.
- Fly to Amsterdam
- Stay two nights at the (legendary) Flying Pig Hostel in the heart of Amsterdam soaking up the culture
- Get a bus to
- Visit the ESTEC Technology Centre
A typical introductory visit lasts a full afternoon and includes a general
introduction to ESA and ESTEC and a visit to the major test facilities and
a visit to the visitor's centre and the Space Expo (a permanent
- Stay at The Flying Pig Beach Hostel (Noordwijk), party on the beach etc.
- Rail and Sail back to UK.
The cost of the trip is £115 (inc. flights & hostel accommodation)
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING CHANGE (EUROS) WITH YOU FOR INTERNAL TRAVEL WITHIN THE NETHERLANDS, ie. TO GET FROM THE AIRPORT TO AMSTERDAM!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!
NB: You must be a member of the Maxwell Society to come on this trip. Click here to become a member if you are not already.